Proposal Development Specialist
Office of Research Services
3 Partners Place, Room 150
Telephone: (405) 325-6131
Fax: (405) 325-6029
Each Proposal Development Specialists provides assistance to faculty members with the submission of proposals to external funding agencies. Specific duties include:
- Interpretation of sponsor guidelines
- Development of proposal budget with PI
- Completion of standardized forms
- Assure compliance with Federal, State and University regulations
- Review of final proposal for adherence to sponsor requirements for proposal preparation (formatting, page limitations, etc.)
- Proposal submission (hardcopy or electronic)
Matt Berry has been with the University of Oklahoma since October 1999 as a Proposal Development Specialist in the Office of Research Services. Matt is one of four proposal development specialists that help guide the administration, faculty and staff through the pre-award submission process at OU.
"Working at the University of Oklahoma has been a rewarding and exciting challenge. All of the individuals I have conferred with have made OU a special place to work. The diverse faculty and immense variety of proposals that pass through Proposal Services is a testament to the academic, cultural, and economic vision of the University."
Matt's educational attainments include a Bachelor of Science and a Master's of Business Administration. He has been an active member of the National Council of University Research Administrators since 1997 and is a Certified Research Administrator. He has served on both the Organizational Staff Council and Staff Senate.